Finalists to defend papers in front of panel of finance leaders from BlackRock and academia
New York – November 30, 2016 – BlackRock, Inc. (NYSE: BLK) is pleased to announce the finalists for the 2016 BlackRock Applied Research Award which recognizes the top job market paper submitted by PhD candidates on a practical topic pertaining to financial markets, economics, investment management or risk management. Each finalist will meet with a jury panel to defend their job market paper at BlackRock’s New York office on November 30, 2016. The winner will be announced at the end of that day and will be awarded $25,000 by BlackRock.
Finalists were selected by BlackRock’s Applied Research Award Committee which consists of a panel of finance leaders from BlackRock and academia. The submitted papers were assessed on a number of criterion, including the demonstration of thought leadership, a focus on a practical problem of relevance, the use of advanced quantitative techniques, the analysis of an interesting new data set and the offering of a practical solution.
The five finalists in the 2016 BlackRock Applied Research Award are:
• Adrien d’Avernas, Department of Economics, UCLA Anderson, University of California, Los Angeles (http://www.adriendavernas.com/ )
• Eric Moore, Department of Economics, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (https://bepp.wharton.upenn.edu/profile/1738/)
• Pablo Slutzky, Department of Finance and Economics, Columbia Business School, Columbia University (http://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/cbs-directory/phd/PSlutzky17)
• Tarik Umar, Department of Finance, Booth School of Business, University of Chicago (http://home.uchicago.edu/~umar/)
• Katherine Waldock, Department of Finance, Stern School of Business, New York University (https://sites.google.com/a/stern.nyu.edu/kwaldock/ )
Congratulations, Eric! #WhartonProud
For more information on BlackRock and the Applied Economics Research Award, please visit: https://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/newsroom/press-releases/article/corporate-one/press-releases/appliedresearch_US